Monday, May 6, 2013

5/6/2013

Not a lot to say this week. On Tuesday, we went out to Arnold to help unload a ton of barrels for the stake, after we unloaded everything, I started to feel really sick. By the time I got home, I had a fever and just was feeling miserable...I went up and down with that fever almost all week, but it has finally past! I just spent most of the week laying in my bed, or near the bathroom, so obviously not incredibly exciting.

Nonetheless, while we were in Arnold helping the stake, we ran into Tim Morris, who was an investigator in Waterloo!!! We spent nearly all 3 hours waiting for the extremely late truck with him. He took us out to get drinks and then we chatted for a while...It was great to see him....He was one I was sad not to have been able to say goodbye to. Thank goodness for second chances.
Of course, you probably saw the pictures as well. We went to Busch Stadium today for a tour...we then went to the Delmar loop, which has the famous Fitz's Bottling plant, which is a restaurant too. I had bottemless Root Beers(Be jealous Damon!!) and it was really good. Next week, we are going to the Zoo!!!!! :) If it doesn't rain. 

Oh yeah, btw it rained all weekend here again! We just can't get a break. We were on the Hwy on Saturday headed north and got to our destination just fine, but could tell the water was high...on the way back they closed the road cause it had already flooded. It's nutso where I'm at right now...the hills just create big lakes that drowned trees and roads and sometimes buildings...I've never seen flooding like this, but it's all good...We aren't in a place where it will affect us, but it sure affects everyone around us.
Also, we went to the Grace Center again on Friday for a revival they had. It's amazing how easily energy can be confused with the Spirit. Everyone works off this excitement that shouldn't quite be interlocked with the Spirit...What kept coming to mind was the scripture

"And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."
I felt a lot more uncomfortable this time then I have in the past...it was partly cause I wasn't feeling good, and partly because it did not really invite the Spirit at all. Actually the opposite in some cases. Very interesting though.
Tomorrow are interviews, we are excited about that! It's always nice to see President Clark. Hopefully we'll be able to work out some of the problems we are having here in Hillsboro.
Umm I think that's all I got this week! I love you all! Have a wonderful week! :)
Elder Tyler Robinson

The Busch Beer guy

 Stan "the Man"'s stuff :)

5 star restaurant in the stadium

 Wall of Plaques

 $14,000 dollar seats. Yep...it costs $14,000 to sit here during a game.(Actually you must

 Elder Valois sitting in $14,000 worth of seat.

Me sitting in $14,000 worth of seat. My hair is getting super long :S

The field(Just my luck...some dude runs right through my picture)

The field(Just my luck...some dude runs right through my picture)

The field(Just my luck...some dude runs right through my picture)

The dugout

 Fitz's...Great root beer!!!

Elder Taft...ummm being Elder Taft

Stan "The Man" Musial

Elder Taft with Stan "The Man"

Last years trophy. Made of Gold and silver

 Pictures in the Champions Club room.

 Pictures in the Champions Club room.

 2006 Trophy

 Wall of World Series wins

 Another Trophy

 Championship ring 1984

More pictures in Champions Club room

More pictures in Champions Club room

 More pictures in Champions Club room

 More pictures in Champions Club room

Baseball field from Champions Club room

 Redbird Club room. These are portraits of baseball cards

 Redbird Club room. These are portraits of baseball cards

Announcer's room

No comments:

Post a Comment