Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5/13/2013

Happy Mothers day everyone!!!
I am so grateful for my opportunity to talk to my mom yesterday! What a recharge...I never know what to expect with phone calls home, but it was definitely a great feeling to be able to speak to my mom first(We had a great private conversation first), then everyone else. I love being able to see that everyone is doing well and to see your excitement about life currently. Hopefully I portrayed my excitement as well!
Sooo, let me see if I can remember what has happened this week. We had interviews with President Clark. Those went really well and he challenged us to really rebuild that fire and to get to work, and so we did :) On exchanges, Elder Cooper and I found a new investigator and also taught a little to Taylor, although it wasn't for as long as we hoped. We tracted quite a bit that day, and saw a lot of success with the people we found.
We also talked with Bonnie for 2 hours on her doorstep. She had more questions and we worked through them as we shared some important principles of the Gospel. We then challenged her to come to church....She accepted and came; She even brought her neighbor Tim even though it was Mothers Day. They seemed to really like church...we taught Gospel Principles and had quite the crowd who joined our class. It went really weird.
Thursday we did service and then spent some time knocking doors. After, we met with the Gould family and had a really tasty dinner with them and watched Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. The son, father, and a friend that was there were all non members, but the father went out to work in the yard. Everyone else seemed to really like the movie and the friend even took a Book of Mormon.
Friday, during Weekly Planning, we managed to teach a lesson about the Book of Mormon and the 13 Articles of Faith with an employee at Taco Bell(Honestly the only public indoor place in Hillsboro that doesn't have a TV running where we can see it). She was going to come to church, but she didn't make unfortunately. Maybe this next week :)
On Saturday, we met with Pastor Ryan again. We had a great lesson with him. He asked a lot of questions about the organization of the church and it's welfare program. He then told us a story about how he put a fellow preacher in his place for telling lies about our church to a young lady they were sitting with. He debunked everything the man was trying to say. He also gave us a copy of a book he just wrote with his dad. In the book, they are challenging all Christians to seek out, first True Doctrine, Revelation, Power from on High, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. In all reality, they put forth an argument that says that these things don't exist from what they've seen, but that The Book of Acts proves that it should exist. As he further understands the Restoration, he's going to see the direct connection to what has been missing their whole life. It is so cool how the Restoration answers all the questions and requests laid out in their book.

Lastly, today...We went to the ZOO!!!! :) it was fun, but I left the camera cord at home, so pictures will have to come later. The penguin exhibit there was really cool! You can't touch the penguins but they are literally close enough to pet and there is nothing keeping you from doing so. I recorded a video, but I don't know if I'll be able to send that. I will find out next week.

Anyway, I love you all! Thank you for all of your support and love! It means a lot to me!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment