Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/28/2013

Well, SURPRISE!!! Elder Hoffman and I had a remarkable weekend! :D Hopefully these pictures show it! 

In each picture, it's 
L-R: Me, Adrian, Andrew, Elder Hoffman.

I baptized Andrew, and Elder Hoffman baptized Adrian



We had a pretty cool week!! Nothing too exciting happened...Well except that I went back to Weldon Spring for the baptism of Adrian and Andrew!!!! :D It was so awesome!!!!!!! 

Actually, I found that out, right after I finished emailing last week, so I've been keeping it in till now! :D They are awesome young men and the service went very well. It was great to be in the presence of so many familiar faces, and I truly enjoyed my opportunity that I had there. The talks were really awesome and the service just went really well...They are going to be great members and examples for their family.

This week has been great. We met a young man(who is actually sitting next to me right now...I'll explain in a min), who called us out of the blue last Monday. Neither one of us had met him before, but he took the lessons previously. He has some issues that he is dealing with. He has split personalities, and it causes great confusion for him in his life. We taught him the importance of Jesus Christ, and how through Him, the power to conquer fears. He is here talking with us about things as we email haha. He desperately needs to know that God hasn't forgotten him, and we've helped him a lot so far this week. It's been interesting though.

Yesterday, we had a nice little ice storm that cancelled church. I've never had church cancel before, but we made good use of time and went tracting, which was a lot easier because we could just slide from house to house, instead of having to walk :) jk but we put in our work for the day...about 6 hours haha. 

On Saturday, before the baptism, I was in the office and was able to do a bit of programming. I got some interesting things done and there is a bright future for the new program :D I don't know if they are going to continue to pull me into the office every weekend or not, but it's a lot easier for them now because they have 3 missionaries there this transfer. Nonetheless, the work is progressing here in Waterloo, as well as in the office. I think it's quite the feat :) Anyway, that has been an interesting experience!

On Friday, we had an awesome dinner with a family, where the father and daughter are not members. It went really well, and they made us some awesome Pork Steaks. We got to know them pretty well, and at the end of the dinner, we asked if we can watch some videos real quick. The father has never been open to learning much about the church because he doesn't agree at all, but he consented and we watched the Mormon Messages DVD I got for Christmas. As we watched, the Spirit came in with so much power. They are some of the greatest tools for opening and softening hearts of those who have been closed off for so long. We watched the fathers heart change as we watched the videos...I think there is a bright future for their family, yet :)

I heard that Utah had an interesting ice storm this week....Welcome to the mid-west! :) Just kidding. Actually this is only the second ice storm I've been in, and neither one was really very bad... definitely not like the one my mom described. They are pretty crazy. Usually most people stay home when they happen, just because there really is no way to travel on the roads when there is an inch layer of ice.

Anyway, we have to get going to our lunch soon! I thank everyone so much for your prayers and love! Stay busy and look for good in all things! I love you all!
Have a great week!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment