Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/2013

Whew!! I've got some catching up to do!

First off, Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!!! I've made it past all the many parties and days off and officially am back on a regular proselyting schedule :)

There are quite a few things about the fun we had, that I wanted to share. First, where I left off last time, we had a party at one of the Mission Counselor's house. We played a bunch of games, and made some cookies for our investigators. We then watched some church videos and he shared his testimony with us. It was really fun!

That Thursday, we drove to Springfield, Illinois. It was on a day of a really nasty storm, but we faired out, left early and rocked the drive. We then, had an awesome white elephant, game time, and watched a movie(Snowball Express or something). It was a lot of fun...we then had an awesome musical run through of the story of the Birth of Christ. We then drove home at a very mild speed, and got home around 1 in the morning. We saw in that drive, probably 13 or so cars(mostly semi's) flipped, spun, tipped, and all other manners of wreckage. It was pretty nerve wracking. We made it though :)

Of course, Christmas Eve was a day off, as well as Christmas day. We watched Disney movies Christmas Eve with a member(Approved only for these two days), and we had an awesome time with the Dossett family and the McCann family on Christmas. Of course, it was really cool to get to talk to everyone again! The video was great! It was so cool!

We had a decent week between then and New Years, having met our expectations, knowing many people would be busy and gone. New Years Eve and New Years were also days off. We played games on New Years Eve, and New Years we cleaned our apartment and wrote a ton of letters(They'll be on their way soon!). New Years Eve, I downed a whole bottle of sparkling cider to start off the new year! :)

Just so everyone knows, our mission met the goal that we were working towards this year. At the beginning of the year, they set the goal for 365 baptisms this year. This is after the year before, where the goal was 345 and they were 8 short of the goal. We counted up our baptisms at the end of the year, and we had 372! :) We rocked it! I guess we'll have to set the goal much higher this year! :)

Anyway, that's really all for us at the moment! I love you all!! Hope you all had a wonderful holidays!! I definitely did!! :)

Love,
Elder Tyler Robinson

Oh yeah, I forgot to send my address :)

230 E Mill Apt C
Waterloo, Ill 62298

We are planning on moving soon, but we don't know where yet. We are apartment hunting.

I haven't stopped playing portal since I left ;)

I haven't stopped playing portal since I left ;)

The source of heat in our apartment

My desk and wall

My desk and wall

The stocking we got from President Dossett lol



No comments:

Post a Comment