Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12/17/2012

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Niki's kids :)

The arrow head Don made me out of Flint! :)

The arrow head Don made me out of Flint! :)

The arrow head Don made me out of Flint! :)

The arrow head Don made me out of Flint! :)

Just proof of how much of a goof ball Elder Payne is

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Adrian and Andrew Barron! They will be baptized sometime in the first 2 months of next year! They were awesome. at the time they were playing Ninja

Adrian and Andrew Barron! They will be baptized sometime in the first 2 months of next year! They were awesome. at the time they were playing Ninja

Adrian and Andrew Barron! They will be baptized sometime in the first 2 months of next year! They were awesome. at the time they were playing Ninja

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.

Bowling with the district.
Well, as I predicted...it's a small town :) It's actually quite nice here...Just the right amount of everything(stores and restaraunts and such), and very laid back people. It's kind of out of everything.
 
So, I guess there are a couple things to share...First, we have one baptismal date for a lady I haven't met yet named Corey. Her member boyfriend's grandpa passed away this morning, which is why we haven't met with them yet, but we are definitely planning to this week. Danny, her boyfriend, is super involved with us, so we should see some good progress with her.
 
We also have another member who referred his friend to us, named Victoria. She camed to church and loved it...I'm super happy that she was able to see first hand! We will start teaching her probably this week!
 
As for the branch, it is very much, a branch, but it is nearly the size of my YSA ward at home, so who knows...maybe we can see it turn into a ward after some hard work :)
 
When I got here, my companion(Elder Boeumier-Pronounced Bow-Me-Yay), notified me that I was singing Silent Night with him on Sunday in front of the branch...well it happened and probably should be grateful that it was at least not recorded :) It was fun though...I also gave like a 5 min talk or something at the end of the meeting.
 
If that's not enough singing, I also went caroling with the branch that night. We had about 20 in our group. We stopped at an investigator's house, named Connie, Danny & Tiffany, and they thought it was so cool and joined us for the next stop and then enjoyed the Christmas party with us at the meetinghouse. It was awesome! They have been investigating the church for a long time...since Elder Barta and Watkins were here which was a little more then a year. Elder Watkins actually told me a little about their family when I was on exchanges with him in Mexico 6 months ago haha. Kinda cool :)
 
It's going to be fun this week...We have a party tonight, a party on Thursday, one on Saturday and of course Christmas Eve and Christmas :) The time is just flying by...My one year mark is this year!!!!! Also, side note, Shauna and I reached our 2 1/2 year mark on the 10th of this month! That's pretty exciting :)
 
I can't think of anything else :S I love you all! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!! I probably won't email till mid week next week! Some of you I will get to talk to on Christmas!!! Never forget,
 
"To find the true meaning of the Spirit of Christmas, you need on drop the last syllabol, and it becomes the Spirit of Christ" - Thomas S. Monson.
 
As you give gifts you excercise charity and true love, and become a prototype of Christ, and as you recieve you excercise humility and meekness and prototype mankind in receiving the greatest gift that has been given, which is the atonement. Look for Christ this Christmas, and you will find Love, Joy, Family, and the Atonement. I know that is very true...no matter the situation! In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen
 
Remember to check out Mormon.org/Christmas...watch the videos, get the music, read the articles!
 
Love always,
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment