Monday, July 23, 2012

7/30/2012

Birthday wishes, I give unto you all! :) Happy birthday to my
wonderful Grandma, to my dear aunt Brenda, my adopted niece Danyielle
;), my awesome Grandpa, my dearly beloved Shauna, me(of course), my
other adopted niece Abby(Sorry I forgot how it's spelled), and any one
else I have forgotten, for there is a great chance that I have
forgotten some with all the millions of birthdays this month :) I hope
all is well and that you will be able have a wonderful birthday, where
ever you are at.

We had a busy week this week. We found 7 new investigators throughout
the week, which is something I've never done before...I don't even
think we tracted more then an hour either...just crazy coincidences
that have allowed us to get some amazing new people who desire to
learn more about the gospel. Not only that but we had 11 lessons,
where 6 had member presents! I don't know how such crazy good success
just comes out of no where, but I guess that's what God means that
"His way is not mans way" :)

The Rosts are doing awesome! They have made some amazing decisions
without us even asking. Yesterday, they invited a friend to hear the
message of the Restoration, which she agreed and now is interested in
coming to church and will be at our next appointment. Also, the Rosts
have given their excess coffee and tea to their friends already(before
we taught the Word of Wisdom) and Richard has agreed to make Tuesday
his last day smoking. Richard prays every lesson now(He gets excited
and volunteers himself). It's just crazy miracle after another with
them. They are just so prepared to make these changes!! I love
it...I'm super excited for them! Keep them in your prayers, because
there is a chance that they will be hit hard this week and next week
as Helen prepare for baptism and Richard prepares for the priesthood.

Also, another amazing thing I found out today was that in Carbondale,
Sylvia has accepted a baptismal date for the 25th!!! That's awesome!
It is absolutely amazing to see someone so prepared, being led right
to the missionaries and how amazing things can come from their time
with them. I'm super excited!

This week is going to be crazy...Today, we are going to Fulton to go
bowling and to have a little birthday party for me(Yes, I planned my
own birthday party and forced my district to go...what of it!! :) )
It'll be fun!
Tomorrow, I will be doing my very first exchange with the newest
member of the District, Elder Payne, which we will be here in Mexico.
On Wednesday, we will all be in Jefferson City, which we will blitz
and I should be doing my first baptismal interview. I will be sure to
take pictures while I'm there :)
We will stay the night and in the morning, travel to Kingdom City,
where we will go as the Calvary(the whole zone), to St. Louis to enjoy
my first Cardinals game, then maybe zoo and definitely Forest Park,
the talent show, and hanging out with my old zone leader in Webster
Groves till the morning, which is when spiritual day will start. It'll
be very interesting and a very fun week!!
Next Monday is Zone P-Day, so we expect to have a lot of fun in
Columbia with their Olympic games they are setting up :)

Needless to say, most likely we will not be teaching very much this
week, but we plan next week will be pretty busy! :) My birthday
happens to be one of the few days that I will work haha! Anyway,
everything is going really well! My new responsibilities has added
some very important stretching that I needed and I know it's going to
help me in the future.

I love you all! I hope all is going amazing at home, and that you all
remember that I love you and that I love hearing from you! You should
all be working hard and striving to find happiness in all
relationships at home...There is no reason for any melting pot
relationships at home while I'm gone...If there is any contention
among you, first off...it's not of God. I've been reading the general
epistles this last week, and one thing that was very clear about the
ancient church is that people really struggled with what they said,
who they said it about, and they struggled really badly with pride and
the green eyed monster. Do away with it and move on. "If a man say, I
love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar; for he that loveth not
his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not
seen" - 1 John 4:20.

Anyway, have a great week! Don't have too much fun without me ;)
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment