Monday, July 2, 2012

7/2/2012

Holy cow! Transferring to a new area is totally crazy! I feel like I'm on excanges, and have to keep reminding myself that I'm permantly(or so-so permant) here, rather then just visiting.
 
So let me tell you about Mexico! It's small. World famous for Saddle Horses and Firebrick. Neither one of those details is in any least bit of importance, but as far as I can tell, it's really the only claim Mexico is willing to make. The people are way nice, and the members are pretty awesome so far, but there really isn't much out here haha. I find it very interesting that I went from Murphysboro, which is nationwide recognized for it's brick industry, to Mexico which interestingly enough is also known for that very same thing...wierd.
 
Anyway, we have an itsy bitsy house(although bigger then my last apartment) made of card board and masking tape, which I took pictures of, but totally forgot the cord. It has a back yard and a huge storage place, but as far as living space, it is pretty much packed(Not complaining of course, just being dramatic as I explain :D). We have a Ford Malibu, which could turn on a dime, if the dime was the size of a football field...which, of course adds complications when you are driving past everything because you don't have your grips on the area.
 
As I said last week, I'm district leader in the area. My stewardship covers Mexico, Jefferson City, and Fulton, which is actually a total of 7 missionaries(or in other words, a pretty big district). For the most part, they are amazing missionaries, and I am very fortunate! I had my first District Meeting on Thursday, which I didn't know until Wednesday night...Quite interesting. But it went well. We discussed some district Goals to work on, and I hope that it will really help as we move through this transfer.
 
Elder Pack is my companion. He is from Layton, only 3 months out, and is extremely smart. I actually quite enjoy having some higher level conversations with him, but I have to admit, sometimes we both go a little too high level for each other haha. Gospel discussions are quite fun with him. Together, we have constructed some very firm changes to make for this area to really make it a strong place to work in. As I said before, the members are awesome and I'm 100% certain that we could help them help us in the work here. I'm really excited actually, because of how much potential sits, not only here, but in the whole district.
 
Next week, I will bring my backpack in...all my cords are in it at the moment, and I left it in the car(and these computers have a time limit).
 
Anyway, I know everyone would love my new address, so here it is:
 
Elder Robinson
7 Ozark Place
Mexico, MO 65265
 
Currently, I don't have too much more to say about this new area. We have had quite a few great lessons, but nothing incredibly awesome yet(although I know we will get there :D). July 4th will be way awesome. We get the day off, which I think is crazy awesome, and we will take advantage of it, I'm sure. Which, by the way, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!! The day that we were granted our freedom and independence, laying all the ground work for the Restoration of God's Church, here on this earth once again. It really is a greater holiday, then what we take it as.
 
Anyway, I love you all!! I hope your summer is going well, and that you are staying out of the heat(I know we aren't, unfortunately). Stay away from them wild fires! Pray for some rain in all those places where they are lacking(Including here). Have a great 4th of July!!
 
Elder Tyler Robinson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment