Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/16/2012

It's hot!!!!! It has dried up pretty bad here, and we hear a lot of
complaints about how the corn isn't going to make it, as well as many
other crops for the year. We've also seen entire fields go up in smoke
because of how dry it is(Not as bad as the wild fires in Utah, of
course). The humidity has been lower then normal(higher then Utah
still), and has been over the 3 digit mark for 2 weeks now. It's
crazy.

Anyway, we have been out of town a lot of the week, but I'm beginning
to get my bearings here. I think I have a firm grasp on many of the
ward members and I'm starting to be able to find my way around town.
It's been very interesting building from the ground up again, but we
have had some amazing finding opportunities as we have done that. I
haven't really had any success with the investigators that were here
before, because they are never home or just don't want to meet with us
anymore, but we have 2 solid new investigators that we got during the
week(in the very few times were were in town), and several potential
investigators that seem pretty solid.

Jacob is the most interesting investigator that we have right now. He
took the Book of Mormon last week, and was super excited to read it.
This week we met with him, and he had not only been reading, but he
also started to talk about how certain things in the Book of Mormon
seem to be talking directly to him. We read several scriptures with
him, and he was just amazed at it. We are thinking about inviting him
to be baptized in our next visit, because he definitely seems ready :)

Monday night, we ate over at the Griffin home, and they have the most
hilarious cat. It perches itself up in very awkward places, and
somehow finds itself comfortable enough to begin to fall asleep. As it
drifts off to sleep, it slips out of its weird resting place and falls
to the floor with a nice thump. It then, immediately, returns to its
awkward position to drift off asleep again to take another hard trip
to the floor. It literally fell out of the window 10 times while I was
there, and trust me...it was funny every time! :)

Anyway, there really isn't much more going on right now. We have some
interestingly difficult goals to meet for the month, but right now my
District is on track to meet those goals. It's amazing what miracles
will happen when enough faith and hard work is exerted. We may see a
total of 10 to 12 baptisms come out of this month, which is
amazing...especially since we made a goal of 8, which was already
going to be a challenge to reach. A lot of miracles and blessings to
be seen here doing God's work. I love it!! :)

Anyway, I hope you all continue to keep on keeping on! Have a
wonderful week, and please pray for those who are in Utah, dealing
with wildfires and such. Also pray for rain for the entire country. I
think it all needs it right now. I love you all! Thanks for being so
supportive of me :)



The computers here are not letting me add pictures, so I'm not sure
when I will be able to send pictures home. I will make sure I keep
them safe so that they can be sent later.

Elder Tyler Stephen Robinson



No comments:

Post a Comment