Wednesday, October 2, 2013

09/30/2013

What a week!!!! It was awesome and busy and hard and crazy, all in one week!!! :D

So of course, I told you we went to a cardnials game...That was really fun! We actually went to two cardinals games, and if you know anything about the cardinals right now, they are doing awesome! We won all week against the Washington Nationals. Our first game was on Monday and wasn't a surprise, but we surprised the departing missionaries with a game before they left. It was the last game before playoffs. 

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've gotten an average of 4 hours of sleep this week a day, because of our crazy schedule. We picked up the new missionaries tuesday, which was a whole lot of fun. Elder Wunderli is the new AP, so we had 5 of us to pick these new missionaries up :) We treated them...they were exhasted because their flight left early and they were woken up extremely early, but we made it through the whole process and decided on their trainers. That was a very interesting process, and I think we successfully line them up with great trainers. Needless to say, we didn't get home till 1. 

Wednesday we woke up early, picked up all the new missionaries, had transfer meeting, and then took the departing missionaries to the ball game. Had a fun time and brought them to the mission home for dinner. Of course they didn't sleep at all, so we were up all night(although I was able to get about an hour of sleep). We then ran them to the airport and got them on their flight. We were supposed to have a meeting at 2, so we went to the office, prepared for MLC(the big meeting at the end of the month...it took the entire day to prepare). We didn't get home till after 11,  but we got everything ready for the next day. 

Friday, we had MLC with all the zone leaders and Sister training leaders. I was wasted by this point haha, but it was a great meeting(I didn't fall asleep, but I was tempted :D). We kept going till bed time, and man I was out, and I still was way tired the next day! We moved in a apartment in Mt. Zion Illinois which is about 3 hours away. It's the area Elder Jensen is serving in. They were living with Elder Hoffman, and his compainions, so we took them all out to lunch! It was awesome! I love both those missionaries a lot! :)

Sunday of course was church, but we got to sit in on a meeting that our branch was having. They are working on preparing goals and a vision and a direction for next year. It was very cool to watch the leadership teach these young men and women about goals and about setting good goals that will provide amazing results! I honestly think that this branch is going to explode with activity very very soon, and we are the lucky missionaries who get to help them make it happen! How awesome is that? I'm super stoked!

Today, we went golfing, which is why this email is late. We did 9 holes with President Morgan. It was a lot of fun....I'm terrible. I hit some awesome drives, but you learn pretty quick that the real secret to the game is your short game, not your long game :)

Anyway, I love you all! I hope you have an awesome week!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment