Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8/19/2013

It's been a remarkably fulllll week!!! Whew!! I guess I'll start with the beginning.

On Monday, we threw a party for Elissa, for her 21st birthday. We went bowling, played some games at the church and had dinner. It was a lot of fun! She is recent convert  and a rock star. The party was both for her birthday and as a departing party for the fact that she's leaving the beginning of next month for BYU-I. It was fun :)

Tuesday, we said goodbye to Georgia, and did our last round of service at the nursing home before I left. We stayed at the ZL's apartment and prepared to head out at 4 in the morning! 

Wednesday we hopped on the bus and took the 3 hour drive to St Louis, where I sat with the AP's next to the Mission President for transfer meeting. Since then, we have just been moving and moving and moving! Wednesday night, we spent with the departing missionaries. There was a lot of friends in that group, including my trainer. Elder Bassett. We had dinner w/ the Morgans and spent the night with all these missionaries preparing to go home. We then dropped them off at the airport the day after. It was a great day!

Thursday, we got indicators in, and I got an idea of many things I'll be able to work on this transfer. It takes forever at this point, so I plan on changing that for the future :)

Friday, we did a bunch of errands for some missionaries, and did some office work. I'm starting to see that very quickly I'm gonna know this mission like the back of my hand :)

Saturday, we drove most of the day :S In total we drove about 6 hours, delivering box springs and medicines and other things like that. It was not as bad as it sounds, plus we went tracting in Steeleville for about an hour and taught a lesson :) We then went to a baptism in Hazelwood, with a girl, Katie, who Elder Norton(my new companion) taught. 

Sunday, we did some office work...I made a bunch of changes on the mission website, sent out the mission emails and some other administrative stuff. We then went to the Hazelwood ward for church, where Elder Norton confirmed Katie. We stayed all 3 hours, and then went on exchanges with the Hazelwood 1 elders. Elder Spencer was my companion again for a day :) We taught Katie, and then exchanged back, so it wasn't too long but it was fun to be together again. Later that day I spent some time working on the indicator sheets, which I'm completely redoing because it is broken...like super broken :) It should be a good project :D

Anyway, that's a week in the life of the office. We have zone conferences for this week, next week, and a mission conference the week after, so we'll be busy :) 

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Elder Tyler Robinson
 
Elissa's birthday party. The 21 is made with a snickers bar :)

Elissa's birthday party.

my shoes that I left behind. I wanted to keep the memory that I wore them out so bad,but I didn't want to carry them around anymore. :)

my shoes that I left behind. I wanted to keep the memory that I wore them out so bad,but I didn't want to carry them around anymore. :)

my shoes that I left behind. I wanted to keep the memory that I wore them out so bad,but I didn't want to carry them around anymore. :)

my shoes that I left behind. I wanted to keep the memory that I wore them out so bad,but I didn't want to carry them around anymore. :)

my shoes that I left behind. I wanted to keep the memory that I wore them out so bad,but I didn't want to carry them around anymore. :)

our corn picture right before we left Tuscola

on the Champaign train on our way to St. Louis.

on the Champaign train on our way to St. Louis.

on the Champaign train on our way to St. Louis.

on the Champaign train on our way to St. Louis.

me and Elder Bassett, as he went home, at the temple. He never took me while he trained me, so I made sure to get one before he left :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment