Monday, June 17, 2013

6/17/2013

So the results are in...I'm staying here in good ol' Tuscola. I'm getting a new companion, Elder Jenson, which I think may be the Elder Jenson that came out with me(If it is...he just recently got mugged while in East St Louis :S). Nonetheless, this is an 8 week transfer, so we will be together here for 8 weeks. 

This week has been very interesting. I was on exchanges again in Urbana. Elder England and I had a lot of fun, and ended our day throwing boomerangs with a guy who had like a billion of them! It was fun, and boomerangs are pretty cool! :) We talked about Navouoo with him, and it turned out his family has some history with Navouoo. It was fun. While I was gone, Elder Foster and Elder Spencer taught a great lesson with a young man here in Tuscola. We are seeing him tomorrow, but he is very interested and I look forward to meeting him. 

On Wednesday, we helped Georgia by pulling her weeds...We came back Friday and cleaned her Gutters. She has a lot of health problems and is very interested in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has experienced some very scary and difficult things, and so tonight we are going to teach her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ...help her see that this world has a lot of things that are not fair, and will not be made fair in anyway, till after this life. Or as President Packer puts it, there is no Happily Ever After in Act 2...That doesn't come till Act 3. 

On Saturday, we taught this awesome lady who we tracted into. We taught the Restoration, and was weighing out kind of what she might understand. She loved it! We didn't finish the full lesson but she expressed how she was feeling things that she has never felt in her life, but that she knew it was from God. Sooo cool. I love it, when we try and describe the feelings of the Spirit, because although it is presonalized for us, such as one my feel the burning in the bosom more prominently, or maybe have a better reaction to the truth mentally, but their is a consistency with everyone, and to hear that someone else feels the very same things you feel in response to truth, at the very same time you feel it, it just adds to the marvelous miracle of this great work, and the Spirit :) 

Anyway, I forgot to say, Elder Spencer is going to Hazelwood. He's going to love it :) I love North Zone haha. Actually, my zone leader is going to Waterloo, Elder Foster is going to Crystal City, and a sister in our district is going to Weldon Spring! I have a lot of names to share with them :)

Anyway, have a wonderful week! I love you all! Keep up the hard work! :D
Elder Tyler Robinson
Pictures with the Bryant family and Laci(Laci is the blonde that doesn't look related...it's cause she's not :) )



No comments:

Post a Comment