Monday, March 18, 2013

3/18/2013

Hello everyone!! I hope you are all well! I am doing great here...actually I'm in the office today, but nonetheless, things are going very well.

We have been busy this week. We gave out quite a bit of Book of Mormon's and have officially tracted out all of Hillsboro. We have also been going to new places where I don't think missionaries have been before. It's been quite the adventure! 

On a side note, my companion, Elder Taft, when I came in, was really struggling. He has confidence issues and his trainer wasn't the nicest to him nor did he really help him step out of his bubble. Together, we have been really working on becoming a more powerful teacher and a missionary who can stand on his testimony with power. In that process, we had a very spiritual and remarkable experience together, which I won't share because of it's true sacredness, but as simple as I can say it, the Lord visited him and he knows why he's here, and that has made such a huge difference over the last couple days. 

Sunday, I gave a talk. Amazingly enough, the Lord felt it right to perform a miracle for me as well as the branch. Grandpa sent me a letter that reached me Saturday. By this point I hadn't written out any outline nor did I really have any ideas for what to talk about. In his letter was a talk, and I felt strongly that I should use it(Anxiously Engadged). Tying it in to a poem that I love called the Fellowship of the Unashamed, some statistics, some personal experience, and some scriptures, I had a really nice outline for my talk. Sunday, I gave it, and it went really really well(I had to make a bunch of copies for a bunch of people who really liked some of the things I shared). After Sacrament was over, the 1st counceller   came up to me and said, "I brought a back up topic for you in case you had forgotten or needed some additional material and printed it out." He then handed me the talk "Anxiously Engadged" which was the talk I had used and had received in the mail just the day before. It was very inspired that Grandpa would send that letter the day he did. It was very inspired that the talk he put in was the one that I gave. It was inspired that I used it in the talk. It was simply remarkable.

Anyway, that's my week! I hope you all had a great week. We have several conferences this week so I will be busy at meetings, but they should be good! I love you all!

Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment