Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/10/2012

More Journey to Bethlehem pictures



I cut off the tip of my thumb on accident while flint napping with Don. Nice huh! :)

The flint that I turned into an ugly arrow head(I'm not very good yet haha)

The flint that I turned into an ugly arrow head(I'm not very good yet haha)

The flint that I turned into an ugly arrow head(I'm not very good yet haha)

The flint that I turned into an ugly arrow head(I'm not very good yet haha)

My Guitar :)

Our first fire in the apartment

Shelves we made for Don

Shelves we made for Don

800 lb Rock Saws that we moved into the storage shed

800 lb Rock Saws that we moved into the storage shed

Ugly Reindeer sweeters we made :)

 District picture

Frozen Hot Chocolate with Carmel(SOOO GOOD!!)

A picture I took at the ward party...I circled Sister Carpenter; She is so funny!

Elder Payne and I walking to the Journey to Bethlehem Nativity scene

Pictures from the Journey to Bethlehem Nativity at Harvester Christian Church. It was a lot of fun :)




I'm sure everyone is excited to hear the big news! I am leaving Weldon Spring on Wednesday. I'm going to Waterloo, Illinois which is a small city in the O'Fallon stake. It will be my first branch, and I will serve there through Christmas and New Years. I'm going to be senior companion and nothing else for the first time. It will be nice to be just a normal missionary for a while :)


Anyway, Elder Hoffman is sticking around here. He is going to be District Leader Buddy again. Most of the district is changing except the sisters...they are sticking around for another transfer. E. Luke is going to his dream location, Marceline, and E. Eells is going to Spanish 2.

This week has been a crazy week. We only had 3 total lessons, but we did have a lot of opportunities to do a lot of really great things. First, I did 3  baptismal interviews this week. Amie Helms, Chris Walkenhorst, and Kelly Meegan. Chris and Kelly have a date for 12/22/12 in St Peters, and Amie was baptized on Saturday(which was awesome! We went and it was just wonderful!). We also had a Christmas party at the ward. On top of that, we were invited to a Non-Denominational group's Nativity scene that they did this weekend. It was a lot of fun and we took a bunch of pictures :)

It's been really great to see Weldon Spring go from nothing, to what it is now...I was so happy to be able to serve here! Last week, our area was reported as the Highlight area of the Zone. That was really cool to hear because we have some rough weeks trying to get things moving here and our work has paid off as blessings begin to pour out and I think Elder Hoffman and his new companion are going to see a lot of miracles real soon :)

Lastly, because I want to send some photos, I just wanted to say that my first area(Carbondale) has seen so much success this year(exceeding it's goals) that they are opening Carbondale 2, so there will now be 4 missionaries in Carbondale again! We started it from scratch and it's so cool to hear that it has really continued to pick up and carry so much success! What an honor to be one of God's tools for them :)

Anyway, I love you all! Have a great week! Remember, my address is going to change so write to the mission office until I get a new address! 

Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment