Thursday, November 15, 2012

11/5/2012


Here's a whole bunch of pictures from Niki's baptism!! It was so cool!













Well...It's official! This weekend was the very pinnacle of my mission thus far! As I think about the experience, I'm struggling to really put it in an expressible form.

I guess to start off, Niki was baptized, and I was the one who was privileged to administer the ordinance. I do not think that there is anything better, in this life, then such an experience. Women get the wonderful opportunity to give birth the physical body of children. Men get the equally important and just as powerful experience(with a lot less pain of course) to give birth to a life of Christ to all those who are willing to accept the responsibility of living in Christ. 

It's been a weird week, in my mind. I've been replaying my own baptism over and over again, and as I stepped into the water, I could almost feel the exact feelings and thoughts, as if I were reliving the experience. It truly is a blessing of wonderful joy to come into the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, to follow the path in which he has paved; It is equally a great blessing to lead His children to that very same path. My heart is full, to overflowing for my experience here. All the pain, frustration and trials do not add up to the tears of joy, great peace of the marvelous experience and the eternal memories of success. This is remarkable experience that I would never trade. Niki is such a wonderful person who needed the Gospel, and still needs it! She has unlocked a great door into her life and her family and will experience happiness that is incomprehensible...I know that, because I've seen it in my life! 

She pretty much decided her whole program. We helped a little bit, she put a lot of thought and work into the program. Dr. Olson was the first speaker...he's been a big key into her search. He shared some great insights for her and her future which were very powerful. We then did the baptism, which went without a hitch. It was a great first experience for me, and her and we shared in it together. We then watched some Mormon Messages until we got finished dressing. 

After this, we heard from Tammy Samuels, who was the baptism we attended a month ago, and it was just a magnificant talk!! You would have never guessed that this young lady had just barely started her journey in the Gospel! It really was just absolutely amazing and heartfelt! I was so truly impressed! The spirit was remarkably strong! Definitely the best Baptism I have been to!

It was just a wonderful day! :) 

We are also working with a new family. We are helping them get out of a nasty situation, but we have started teaching them, and it has provided them so much light! We are excited about where that might go!

I love this Gospel! There is nothing in this world I love more, then God and His remarkable power He has, and it's effects on our lives! It truly is the difference between happiness and misery! I love it!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
I'm on cloud 9, so I think I'll be alright this week :)
Love you all,
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment