Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4/16/2012

Super special event this week! Shenika was baptized!! These pictures are from her baptism! The first picture was before the baptism, and the other 2 are from after. Her daughters name is Jaida, and she is super cute! I am so happy for them!! :) I hope you all like these :D





Whew!!! What an exciting week!!

The crowning event was that Shenika Hatcher, who we have been working with since the first day I came into this area(and has been investigating for a year), has taken the first step in her new life, by being baptized! I can't tell you how excited I was prior to her baptism(which was yesterday). She has had the desire for a very long time, but had a lot of really difficult challenges developing a testimony of the things that we taught...she wanted to be absolutely sure, that if she was accepting such a big change in her life, that she had to know 100% that what she was agreeing with was true. I've seen her change sooo much! All the concerns she has had in the past, which were huge blocks, have evaporated, and she is motivated to be the disciple of Christ, which Jesus Christ has asked all of us to be. It really has been so amazing!

Unfortunately, she won't be confirmed until the 29th of April, because stake conference is next week and they didn't want to do the confirmation outside of the sacrament meeting. We will continue to work with her during this time, so it won't be too bad, but it is unfortunate that we couldn't do it after the baptism. I will be the one to confirm her, which I am excited about!

Most of our appointments actually fell through this week, which was annoying, and Wednesday, I spent most of the day working in Cape, because of a District Leader meeting that Elder Elkington was attending. We did have a very good visit with Doug, who we have been trying to help find the faith and desire to come back to church, and fulfill his spiritual needs. He knows he needs to come back so bad, but he has been hurt really bad by some things that have happened in the past. It makes me sad to see that he has such a strong desire to get back on track spiritually, but won't because of other people. I keep praying for him, because I know he can find himself in a much better place, if he just tries, but he is dragging his feet now. He is amazing though, and I just keep showing him that we love him, and want the best for him, and that this includes wanting him to be spiritually healed.

Hmm...not a ton of other things really happened. We tracted a lot, and we are going to be required to drive to Cape, like 4 times this month, which means we are extremely low on left over miles. I'm trying to best figure out how we can get more rides from people in the ward, because if we keep driving the way we are, we won't have the miles to even make it through this week.

Today is Zone P-day, which is one of those days where we are driving to Cape. It should be a lot of fun...we are playing dodgeball, I think. I'm pretty stoked. We also have a lesson with the Wyatt's which is a Part-Member family. Our last lesson with them went amazing, and so we are looking forward to this lesson.

Anyway, I love you all! I didn't get any letters this week, which is probably good, because I won't have much writing time anyway, with Zone P-day, but I miss hearing from everyone :(

Oh and no, no tornadoes hit where I am at. I know that may have been a concern for some of you :)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week! I love you!
Elder Tyler Robinson



1 comment:

  1. Hey hello Elder! It was great to read your letter. I want first to tell you how proud of you I am. I've always thought so much of you and when I heard you were going on a mission, my heart pounded with joy and pride. I know you are am excellent and dedicated missionary and the Lord will bless you no not only now but forever for your love and service to him and our brothers and sisters.

    I'll take time to write more soon, just need some rest right now. Keep your head high and your eye single and blessings will be poured upon you. My prayers are with you. Be happy. :-)

    Shelly. (Jordan's mom)

    ReplyDelete