Tuesday, April 10, 2012

04/9/2012

What an amazing week!!!!!!! I think I say this everytime, but I will say it again, and will continue to say it! :D

The very first part of the week was interesting. On Tuesday, we had a full day of appointments which all went really well. We started it off with a lesson with a Part-Member family who has asked us to come and give the lessons. Mikah, who is the non-member, is awesome and although isn't running towards baptism, is interested in digging deep into what we believe so that he can feel like he's making an educated choice(through prayer and study of course). I really respect that, because that is how I felt as well. I did not want to feel like I was making a decision for anyone else but my self. He is a super awesome guy though, and I am really excited to start teaching him some of the lessons.

After, we went to another Part-Member family and had Ribs, which were THE BEST ribs I have ever had! They were really good! It sounds like they may also, be preparing to take the lessons as well, which is way exciting, of course :D

Lastly for Tuesday, we went down to Francisco's house to teach them the next lesson. Francisco, unfortunately had to leave, prior to the lesson, so we ended up just teaching his parents, but it was really fun! We read 1 Nephi 8 with them in Spanish and they were really excited about the precepts that are in that chapter. We talked about how the vision that Lehi had, really applies to our lives and they talked about how they have seen these things happen in their life. Francisco Sr. has read 1 Nephi 8 twice before this lesson, and so he was clearly excited to talk about it and to ask the questions he had. It was amazing!

Now for the part that I know everyone is excited to hear. Transfers!!! Elder Bassett is going to an awesome area, first off...Like exactly what fits his personality perfectly! I'm excited for him, because he will do an amazing job. He is training and district leader, and the missionary that he is training is dealing with some problems(his whole family has passed away...not sure if it was an accident or how recent the event was). Elder Bassett will be a super hero for him, and that district :)

As for my transfer, Elder Elkington is from New Zealand...he is of Maori decent. He has an awesome accent, and is just way awesome! We have already had a lot of fun and are working really hard. Here's the best part of this transfer.....I get to drive!!! :) Elder Elkington doesn't have a US drivers license so I get to do the driving. We are also getting a new car this week! Ahhhhh I am way excited :)

We've had some way awesome lessons this week, together. We've had 3 visits with Shenika, and right now she is on track to be baptized next Sunday! There is a bit of a concern there, but we have asked her to really spend a lot of time this week really praying about what she is doing and if she is doing the right thing. We want her to have a strong testimony that what she is doing is God's will and that what we have taught is true, and so we really stressed this.

We also had a really cool lesson with a Part-Member family at the north part of our area. The husband is one of the most genuine guys I have met here. He is way awesome, and is planning on really trying to find out if the Restoration and the Book of Mormon is true. I am super impressed with his willingness, and he really asked some great questions, which shows how impressed he was of the lesson. We asked them to pray about what we taught, as well as what we asked them to read! I'm way excited for them!

Hopefully you like the pictures I sent!! We will take more, for sure :D I love you all! Keep writing me...I seriously love the letters when I get them. This week, I got a ton of letters from Shauna, and wow!! She is amazing! :D She's doing really well, for all those who don't know! One of the letters(this one is old...from January), said that the Christmas present that I asked a lot of you to participate it has really made a huge difference in her mission! Thank you all for helping me do that :D I'm really, just super excited to hear from her every time I get a letter from her :D

Anyway, until next week! I love you all! Keep up the good work! I pray for you all, every day :D
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment