Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3/6/2012

 
Playing at the train station in downtown city center, here in Carbondale. :) This was a restored train(I assume at least), that is set on a separate track that doesn't go anywhere, outside of the train tracks. It was just the engine and the caboose of the train. As we were taking pictures, there were some bums making fun of us at the doorstep to the Commerce building(Which used to be the train station). If you ever wondered what Carbondale is like, that's pretty much it... :)





So, to start off the week, we actually had Zone Conference on Tuesday! I think I may have mentioned that last week, but basically we drove down to Cape, and received a bunch of trainings from the Mission President, his wife, the Assistant Presidents, the Zone Leaders, and some of the District Leaders. We also got BRAND NEW PHONES!!!! JK, it's not that exciting. The phones are better then the last ones, in my opinion, but they don't do anything different then the last phones, so I'm unsure on why we needed to upgrade; but anyway, yeah new phones :) We also found out that we are in rotations to get a new car(we need one...ours has almost hit the mileage limit, and it's kind of junky as it is). I expect we will find out, within the next couple weeks(I hope :D).

As for the week, we have been trying to find new investigators, and spent quite a bit of time trackting. It was pretty cool because we got a good 7 or 8 potential investigators that seem pretty solid; assuming their appointments don't fall through. I'm really excited about that :D

I do have a good story to share...it's embarrassing but I have to admit, it's funny...I just wish it didn't happen to me lol.

We were over at one of our members house, who we were teaching a friend of theirs who is currently going through the process of going from Less-Active to Active(Both him and the member who's house we were at were doctors). We were eating dinner first, which was beef stew...It was pretty good!! She then layed in front of us, this amazing looking pie things(not sure what it's called) where there was like a cookie crust bottom, and on top it is a pretty thick pile of chocolate & vanilla pudding, which was extremely rich. For those of you who do not know this, I'm allergic to the proteins in milk, but typically I don't have much of a problem. Honestly, there are only a couple things I've eaten that I know cause me major stomach problems, because of the allergy, but most of the time I'm fine. Well, add super rich pudding to the list, because after I ate it(literally almost instantly) my stomach started going crazy! We began teaching the lesson, and as I was teaching the whole room would echo a *GRUAGGAAGA* sound, which came from my stomach, and everyone was laughing because it was so loud! Nonetheless, I continued to teach, and the lesson was amazing(Even with my poor suffering stomach). As we were preparing to leave, Elder Bassett continued talking with them for a good 10 mins, while I stood there, suffering :( I told him after, that in my mind as he was talking, I was thinking, "If you don't stop talking, I'm going to punch you in the face!" Haha...I feel bad for thinking that now, but trust me...I was paying the price... Needless to say, all is well that ends well. I made it to a bathroom just fine, thank goodness! My stomach continued to have trauma through the night, I guess. Elder Bassett said I was moaning in pain through my sleep.

Anyway, just a heads up...President Bartholomew said he wants to take us hiking next week, so if that happens, we might have some good pictures of the beautiful outdoors here, but this means that my writing time may be less then normal. I do write everyone back, so if you have written me, and haven't received a letter back to your letter, I promise I have read it and am planning on writing back :)

I love you all! Thanks for all your support!!
Elder Tyler Robinson






This is a picture of our board of names we are working with right now(It's a little outdated by now...I took the picture at the beginning of the week). The left had side of the board is Potential investigators and investigators, and the top center is the Part-Members, and the right hand side is all Less-Actives/Recent Converts. Of course, this is not all we are working with...We have a huge list of more Less-Actives to meet with.








No comments:

Post a Comment