Friday, March 16, 2012

3/12/2012

Hey hey everyone!

So I realized that last week, I forgot to tell everyone that that Tornado that hit Harrisburg was about 30 miles East of where we live, which is a bit nerve wracking, but at the same time, I feel comforted being in Carbondale. The landscape is pretty hilly, and so tornadoes are actually extremely rare here. I think someone said that in the last 20 years there has only been 1 tornado and it was small, which even Utah had a big tornado in that time frame. The members of this ward, in Carbondale, have been driving up to Harrisburg to help them rebuild the Hospital and the Wal-Mart, as well as delivering supplies and other things to help the people there. I heard that the missionaries in that area were recently moved from their apartments to a different place in their area, and the apartments that they were staying in where completely demolished...how's that for Mission President inspiration?

Anyway, what a week! We had a ton of appointments this week, scheduled out to fill our entire week almost, and every single one fell through :(. We ended up tracting for 19 hours total this week, which is wayyyyyyy too much!! :) Anyway, because of spring break at the school, this week Carbondale is literally empty, so we are going to do everything we can to get out of Carbondale, and visit these other semi big towns around the area. It's going to be way fun!!!

Also, this week we had an interesting event up at the school. It was a Meet the Mormons forum, and we were a big part of it. We presented the timeline of the beginning of the church, which we didn't really know how to approach, because it wasn't a presentation for members and since it is inside the school, we need to do everything we can to present facts rather then proselyte. Anyway, as we were teaching up to Joseph Smith's death, the spirit seriously just flowed right out, and I began testifying of the cruel martyr of Joseph Smith; it was cool, and I could tell that it touched everyone as I expressed how it was a disgusting act of carnal violence. Anyway, we presented some information of who we are, and why we are on mission(including sharing the things we used to do before we left), and we answered a ton of questions. It was really cool, and there were quite a few non-members there that had all their questions about who the Mormons are, answered. It was fun!

BTW, we are not going to go hiking today. President Bartholomew cancelled on us, so that will be something we do on a later day. Instead, we will do the normal cleaning and writing we do every week :)

Anyway, I can testify that this work is the work of God! Even though our week wasn't incredibly successful, as far as teaching lessons, I know that the lessons we did teach, we taught by the spirit, and that the spirit does tell me what to say, how to say it, and reveals to those who I speak to the truthfulness of what I say. I love this work and I love this gospel, and we have it because God loves us more then anything else in the world. We are His work and His glory; the things we do in this life are what make Him happy, because He sees that it makes us happy. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen

I love you all!!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment