Monday, February 13, 2012

2/13/2012

Alright, rounding up the last bit of the transfer(Oh my goodness, I can't believe I've already almost finished with a whole transfer!).
 
It's been an amazing week, and I have a ton I want to share with all the world!! :)
 
The first thing I want to say is that I am getting letters!! A lot of them!! :) And I'm so happy and I love you all so much for being so willing to write me! On that note, I do only have one day to write back, and I'm lucky if it is any longer then an hour usually, so I am trying to write everyone, and I just want you all to know that I'm not ignoring you if you don't hear from me right away...I'm trying my best to make sure everyone does get a letter back...because you are all so very important to me; But I can only do that one letter at a time. Plus, because of Zone P-Day last week, I did not get to send any letters, so I have a huge back log to catch up on. Keep writing me; Just don't worry too much if it is taking some time to write back...because I will write you back!
 
Anyway, I guess the news you all are patiently waiting to hear is about Kevin, right? :) He is sooooo amazing!! He's reached a week and almost a half without smoking!! And he's said, "It's so weird...It's like super easy this time. It's never been this easy before!" His baptism is this Saturday, at 11, which is almost exactly 2 weeks from his last cigerette. He has agreed and has been living ALL the commandments since we have taught them to him. He's been reading the scriptures, coming to church, getting more involved and excited about our lessons...He is a rock star! His faith is just growing rapidly, and it really has been an amazing thing to watch him grow and progress!! I'm so excited for him, and I'm very excited that he is excited for himself, and is doing something that is truely so hard to do, to show the Lord how much he is willing to change and follow the Gospel. It's so cool!
 
Zone P-Day was pretty fun...We went to Cape and played football for like 4 hours...It was nuts but I loved it! I've suffered the pains of playing so long through out the entire week(I've felt like a cripple every morning since), but it really was a lot of fun and I got a chance to meet everyone in the zone, which is way cool.
 
I don't know what happened, but I'm really really short on time, so I appologize. I wanted to share much more. I just wanted to say really quick, I have learned something amazing about being called to teach over a stewardship. As I've worked with specific investigators, I've prayed for guidence on what they need, and what me and Elder Bassett can do to help them fufill their needs. This idea of having a stewardship, is very similar to a Father having stewardship for his wife and children, as a patriarch of his home. He can pray to his Father in Heaven for guidence on things he can do to help his children in very specific problems, and he can receive revalation for them, where these problems can be resolved. This is also something that we have the ability and opportunity to do for all the people who live in Carbondale, in a very individual way. I have never had the opportunity experience revalation for anyone but myself, but I have received God's direction and understanding for very specific people in my stewardship that need His help. I can't explain how amazing this is, or how real this is, but I can tell you...This is God's work, and I am only an instrument. It is more and more of a miracle as I engrain myself in the work, more and more. I am blessed to be here. I am blessed to be able to tell everyone at home of the miracles that are happening here. I know this church is absolutely true, and it is for everyone and can help everyone. It is something I see everyday...it's real and I'm honored to have this opportunity.
 
Anyway, I love you all! I hope you are doing well! Keep me up to date with everything(Besides that Whitney Housten died...I've already heard it like 100 times around here :D)
 
Elder Tyler Robinson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment