Thursday, December 15, 2011

Movie Night

Today is December 15th, 2011; or in otherwords, opening night for Sherlock Holmes 2!!! :) I've gathered a handful of friends to go celebrate my last movie(at least in theater) that I will see before I leave next week. I'm really excited for this movie, so tonight is going to be a pretty awesome night(Especially with all the friends that are going to be coming).

Today is a big deal, because of a handful of reasons. Very first, I've finally finished ShuffleTone 3.0, which has been a little longer then a year in the making. I'm so happy, because it is sooo smooth, fast, reliable. Like everything that a professionally done app should be...and I did all by myself. All 3 versions of ShuffleTone show an evolution in my abilities as a programmer...Understanding design and creating simplistic systems that are easy to change and catch if there is problems. I have to admit, there was a slow deterioration of design as I rushed to finish, but I took advantage of a lot of really cool things, and it works GREAT! Like I have seriously been using it for a while now, personally, as I finished fine tuning pieces, and it's just an enjoyable experience to use, and it's so simple. I think the simplicity will strike people the hardest. Plus it just works, and works right. It's great and I'm very proud of it.

I wish I could do more though. I had some great ideas...things that would open up the possibilities for me, and thousands of developers(yeah, I dream big), and really could have made a difference in the realm of phone personalization. I wish so much that there was just a little more time...Just so that I can sit in my corner for a month and program. It's my fault though, I had the time and opportunity to take advantage of, but I chose to do other things and now I'm regretting not taking advantage of my time. Even though this is the case, I am so proud of this accomplishment. ShuffleTone has always been so important to me, so when I started on this project a year ago, I really drilled out some great ideas, and I accomplished a lot of them. Now, when I get back, maybe the fruits of my labors will be ripe to present the world with the ideas that I have now...That would be very cool! :) Even more awesome-uh-er, is that I may actually have better ideas or new ideas to work on when I get back...it's going to be amazing!! I am so excited for the present and the future...both open up so many doors for me, and I can't wait to experience it all!

I also worked on AudioVolumizer...not nearly exciting, but I did make some awesome icons for the app(yeah, the guy who sucks at pretty much all computer art). In a lot of ways, I wish this app went a lot further...I think it's actually well endowed with options and functionality, for what it was. The code was simple, the application is simple, and has a ton of options, as far as how you use it. It's awesome...it really is and I am really proud of it! It was nice to take an opportunity to put some work back into this...making just minor but vital changes for it's future.

Umm, lets see...I am pretty much all packed as of today. Excluding a couple things, but everything is purchased and about ready to be packed. Sunday is my farewell...I plan on delivering a good talk. I actually wrote most of it, almost a year ago. I'll add it onto the blog before I leave. I think this is it for today. I'll post tomorrow with pictures at the movies!

I'm excited!
Love you all!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment