Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas 12/25/2011

Merry Christmas, and God Bless us Every One!!!(I saw that movie last night :D)

I hope you guys have had an absolutely amazing Christmas!

I just wanted to let you guys know a couple things(I'll be able to do another email on Wednesday). First and foremost, I leave January 10th for Missouri. So you guys should maybe plan to write anything you want me to receive there probably 2 days or so before this date.

Next order of business, obviously this is my email. You can write here and I will read it. I can only write to family through email for the moment, we will see if that is the same in the future or not, but I assume it will be.

Lastly, as far as business, Wednesday is my Pday. This means, I can write and email(email is only 30 mins), on this day. Today we were given writing privileges as a Christmas present(as well as 15 minutes free time...Yeah I'm excited about 15 minutes of free time), but this is not a normal thing.

Alright, here's a rundown of some things that has happened so far. First off, our day is super busy. I am in class a good 7 or 8 hours straight depending on the day, our meals are only about 40 minutes, we have only about an hour of free time including the time we have to use to get ready for bed and write in our journals. So far, everyday has about 2 or 3 hours of personal study time and 1 hour or so of district study. Oh yeah, the district that I am in, is amazing!! Everyone just jives really well. There is 10 of us and most of them are about my age, which is crazy weird and probably the last thing I expected. 2 of them are actually older!! My companion, Elder Foster, is from Idaho. He worked for the parks and recreation group up in Idaho before he came here. He's 19 and is a little shy, but when you get him to break out of his shell, he's so cool. He plays a ton of string instruments like the banjo and guitar and just loves music. It's amazing, looking at the companionship's in our district, because I honestly think that they were inspired choices...the companions are all perfect with each other! I can't imagine anyone decided to put us together unless they knew who we would work our best with.

Anyway I'll tell you more about them later...want to get the most out of this email time. Me and Elder Foster taught on the second day here. We taught a guy named Chet who's friend is a member of the church. Chet lived with them for a couple years growing up and he has become interested in possibly becoming a member, because he knows that his friend, John, is a good influence, and since John is leaving for his mission soon, he seems to want to make sure he can stay close to John. we taught him a little bit about Baptism, and then talked to him about the possibility of joining John for church. As we walked out, he said John gave him a Book of Mormon, so we asked him if he had read it...He said no, so I invited him to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon. He accepted and we left. We have another lesson planned for him, and I think it is going to knock him off his feet. I'm so excited. We've also been preparing to teach Alan, who is a older gentleman who has a wife and 3 kids, and has been looking to better his life. I can't wait to work with him...It's going to be amazing!

Alright, some other things that I feel you will be interested in; We were treated to a movie and a nativity scene last night. The movie was the Christmas Carol, which we were all(all 2100 of us) were given a bag of frosting covered popcorn(mmm so good). It was great! The music for the Nativity scene was awesome because we all sang in it, like one big choir! Today, for Christmas, we were treated to a Mormon Tabernacle choir production, and then enjoyed sacrament with the amazing Apostle, David A. Bednar. I'll be sure to bring my notebook next time so I can share some things he said , but he basically said that 'this opportunity to serve isn't about us, it isn't about our families or anything we left behind, it's about each life that we will have the opportunity to touch, and change...If we lose ourselves and focus on those who we are serving, and love them and forget ourselves that we will receive the greatest and most amazing change.' The Characteristic of Christ is the ability to reach out, rather then reach in.


I have a district meeting to get to in 2 minutes, so I have to go, but I get to write more on Wednesday! (oh by the way, if there is any weird writing errors, it's because these computers suck really bad and freeze as you type...Got to give me props for doing this whole letter in the time frame)

I Love you all so much!!! Let me know how Christmas went, I'd love to read it.
Elder Tyler Stephen Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment