Tuesday, September 18, 2012

9/17/2012 final week in Mexico

Soooooooo.....There is some remarkable news to share!!!!

Of course, as you see...I'm leaving Mexico. So is Elder Pack. :)
Confused yet? There was an incredibly inspired decision to put Sisters
here in Mexico this transfer, and based on all of our investigators,
I'm confident that it was the greatest choice that could have been
made at this point. A lot of our problems is that most of who we teach
is a female, would fly through the lessons if they had a better way to
relate to the experiences that are being shared. It's great! Plus I
think the ward sisters would love to be more involved in teaching, and
this is the way they can acheive that :)

As for Elder Pack, he is being sent to the same place my first
companion was, after our time together. Hillsboro, Missouri. He will
be with Elder Valois, and Elder Hacking. This will be his second area.

I, on the other hand, am whitewash training, opening an area in St.
Louis. The area is called Weldon Springs. It's just off of the main
freeway, and not too far from the mission office, mission home, etc.
I'm super excited! At the very least, the computers there will be much
nicer! :) I'm not sure why they closed the area...that kind of info is
hard to get, but I will find out on Wednesday.

This also means that I will start all over on the training program,
but this time I will teach it! :) I'm pretty excited about that. I
won't know who my companion is till Wednesday. I'm sure that P-Days
will be a lot more intersting :)

Anyway, that's the super exciting news. The bad news is that we have
to spend the next 2 days, preparing to be whitewashed!! Bleh! Lol.

On the side note, our week has been fantastic! I'm not sure what
happened...I guess we really had to be drug through the mud to start
seeing some great things happen. First, Valerie came to church and
loved it! She is definitely the ward's next baptism. Also, we have
several new investigators who could begin progressing next visit! We
had 12 Lessons with investigators this week, most were surprises that
were just handed to us! It was weird, because of all the work we have
been doing, but so great!

Another thing that happened, that was unexpected. I was given a free
GPS! We were helping a lady, and she offered it, saying it didn't have
the cords so if we could use it, just take it. I am now equiped with
all the accessories it needs to run, and will no longer get lost going
to St. Louis! :)

Anyway, I think I got all the news out that I can think of...If I
forgot something, you may have to wait till next week :)

Onward and upward!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment