Monday, April 15, 2013

4/15/2013

Another week come and gone, and the sun is shining(not literally) on
Hillsboro. This week we had a ton of appointments, found some new
investigators, some people came to church, and it was super exciting!
Next week seems to only be adding on to that excitement, so I'm really
curious about what might happen!

Some big mission changes are happening. President Clark went to a
Mission President Seminar, and he told us that President Monson
  receiveda recent revelation that the work will be hastened quite
dramatically, and that in the not too future, with all the new efforts
that the Leadership of the Church are making now, will turn our
efforts from finding into mostly teaching. That will be way cool! They
changed the mission council's to include sisters that act in similar
authority and rights as zone leaders, as far as leadership in the
mission. It's a great idea to begin to apply the fullness of
leadership councils throughout all branches of the church. It'll be
interesting to see the changes in progress.

We are planning on seeing Pastor Ryan in not too long from now...I'm
pretty excited! We went to his service again on Wednesday, and he just
bragged about us to his whole congregation. Told them how great it was
to meet with us, expressed he learned a ton of things, and that he
loved conference. Not a single member of their congregation had any
opposing feelings after the meeting...He's a great missionary already
cause he talks us up all the time haha! He's awesome!

Other things that are going on, well Elder Valois is in Crystal City
now...I served with him while he was in Steeleville and I was in
Carbondale for 3 transfers, and he is leaving this transfer. He is the
one that taught me probably the most important thing I've learned on
my mission, and that is that sharing the Gospel can be fun. You can be
dignified, honest, diligent, faithful, obedient, and have a ton of fun
doing the work, and that this is the sacrifice the Lord would have us
make. Him and Elder Cooper are going to be an interesting pair. They
are both major goofballs lol.

My email is now on the blog, in case there is anyone who can't find it
or needs it now. I love the letters I've gotten so far by email! I'm
glad to hear from those of you who have written me. I love and
appreciate you all and am glad that my messages can inspire you and
help you hold tightly to your faith and desires as you continue
walking forward!

I love you all! Keep busy this week and we'll do the same!
Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment