Monday, August 27, 2012

 Piper. She is a really cute baby who was in the Carbondale area...her glasses make her look like a mini hillbilly :D

Helens baptism :)

a nasty burn that I got on my arm when I was cleaning an oven
Here are some pictures of the recent baptisms in Carbondale. The first is Letecia of course, who was baptized the week after I left. Next is Sylvia who was baptized this weekend :DDDD


First picture in the first set is the sign in the Baptist parking lot in Mexico

Second is the airplane model guy that I talked about earlier and his planes

Third is a family of racoons...a common sight here in Missouri

Fourth is the Arch

First is the Arch from under it

Second was the cardinals field

Third is Elder Preece's baby shower

Fourth is our old district
This week has been full of Exchanges. On Tuesday, Elder Bracken came down with me and we actually did a lot of finding work, but really didn't see any success. Our most progressing investigator, and probably the next person to accept God's covenant of Baptism, Valerie, is doing amazing! We taught her on Tuesday, and she has been reading on her own and is super excited about all the things we teach. We are really hoping that we can fully help her make those big changes that she is going to have to make. She really is amazing though...I know that if she just does the things we invite her to do, her goals of stopping smoking and making positive changes for her daughter Hannah, will be obtainable. We will be teaching her on Thursday

Wednesday, me and Elder Taylor went hand helped Brother an Sister Hooks, and had a really good time. They are awesome, and if Brother Hooks prioritized reading the Book of Mormon, I know he would be ready to accept the covenant as well. He is the nicest guy you could ever meet! Similar to Chad in my last area actually(who is getting baptized in September by the way :D). We will be teaching him on Wednesday

Thursday was exchanges with the Zone Leaders. We had a lot of fun, and I learned a lot from them. It was a lot of fun and we spent the whole day working pretty hard. It's been a weird week because we spent almost the entire time tracting or doing other finding methods, but we didn't really find any body to work with. It's pretty frustrating, but we are working pretty hard, so I know the blessings will come.

Today is District P-Day. We are going to the capital building, then we are going to get ice cream, and finally some ice skating! Oh my goodness finally a good p-day :)

I love you all! Thank you for all the letters, for those who wrote me :D I do appreciate it a lot! 

Elder Tyler Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment