Monday, January 30, 2012

1/30/2012

Week 4 out on the mission! Actually, nothing incredibly exciting to share, but I'll do my best to make it sound as such :)

Alright, I lied, there are a couple incredibly exciting things to share:
The first is Kevin. Saturday, we taught him the Plan of Happiness by using little cut out peicesto demonstrate what happens to our bodies and our spirit's as we hit the amazing milestones of the plan. He just absorbed it all! It was pretty incredible how easily he is picking up on the material and how excited he is getting!

Sunday, Kevin showed up for church! Not only that, but he mentioned about 5 or 6 times, that the things being talked about was exactly the questions he had before he came! He is recieving revalation at church! Haha it is so crazy to see this all fall into place for him. Before he left, he said "Hey Elders, just so you know, February 11th will work perfect for me"...I'm so happy for him; and you can tell that he is so happy for himself; That this experience is really changing his life for the better; and to be honest, he really is experiencing his own personal miracles. Anyway, we have 2 lessons planned for this week with him, to help prepare him for 2 weeks from now. I think he will be ready! :D

Next, we met with Shenika, and she is awesome! She has the cutest little daughter and has been keeping up with most of the commitments from the last Elders(or possibly the ones before them...not sure if she even met the last elders). Anyway, she is still progressing. We read Alma 18 with her, and explained what was going on and she really enjoyed that experience of hearing it explained in mondern English. We did not ask her about baptism; Both me and Elder Bassett felt prompted to just read with her, and follow up next appointment, which will be Friday. I am very excited about this!! :)

We have been working on digging out the Less-Active list, and finding all the Part-Member families, and we have a ton! Like 20! That's a lot! We met with Bob and Cindy, which Bob is a Non-member, which I think went very well. He is going to church and has been reading the Book of Mormon(although he struggles to understand it), and so we hope to be able to meet with them again. Also, Carl Jr, Bob's nephew has expressed a desire to take the discussions and be baptized, so we will be getting a hold of him tomorrow :)

We do have some bad news...Of course, with all good news comes bad news. Henry dropped us before the second visit. He found himself doing research in some anti stuff, and could not get something he found, and decided he didn't want to meet with us. He wrote us a note, but the thing he is hung over on is pretty silly, and clearly lacking understanding, but since he won't meet with us, I wrote him a letter bearing my testimony of this church. I guess I will find out how that goes later this week.

As for the letters so far, I did get a letter from Mom, a letter from Grandpa, a letter from Marilee, and a letter from Mike. I wrote back to Mike and Mom, I will get to the others next week(since I got them before I came to email lol). But keep sending me letters! I wrote and sent 6 letters today, so hopefully I will also be filling your mailbox soon too! :)

Anyway, there is only an hour here at the library, and I have to write the mission president before my time is out(plus nothing else, super exciting happened...except the Polar Bear, which happened pretty much right out our house :/ More on that in my journal[or you can look it up on the Carbondale news, I'm sure]).

I love you all!! Keep writing me! I love your letters!!

With love,
Elder Tyler Stephen Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment