Monday, October 1, 2012

10/1/2012


Whew!! Whitewashing is tough work!!
 
So far, we haven't had a large amount of success, even though we have been out everyday. Interestingly enough, that period when I was in Mexico where things weren't really moving, seems to just be preparation for what we are going through now. I feel a whole lot more patient in these periods, and I hope my companion is feeling more comfortable because of it. Missionary work is hard, and I hope he sees that, through this experience, but it's all about how you look at it. If you cheerfully endure the trials of missionary work, great blessings will proceed forth from the fruit of the work. It has never failed to be true...We go through very difficult times, and after showing our willingness to continue to sacrifice, no matter what, God leads his children to us.
 
I have been learning so much lately. Training is a completely different experience, and I do still feel like I'm juggling a lot of things and don't quite have my balance yet, but it's getting much better. Last week, for District Meeting, we talked about goals, and the District gave me wonderful ideas of how to help us acheive the goals we set, and it helps so much to feel their support in my calling, no matter the external factors. It's been an interesting experience but I feel so good! As I said, I'm learning so much, and I can tell what work I need on myself.
 
Anyway, so Weldon Spring; I'm finally grasping the area, as far as where I am. Weldon Spring is the furthest south of our area, and actually, very few peope live down there. Both St Peters and St Charles cross into our area and makes up the majority of our area.
 
We have some awesome members! Yesterday, we had dinner with the Finnegan family. Brother Finnegan is the Tech Executive at Build-A-Bear, which has just opened a new line of high tech stores, the first one here in St. Louis. We talked a lot about technology and it's direction, and he discussed the direction of the company, as far as this decision to make these new stores. It was really interesting, and I just thought it was awesome! We have met all sorts of different people, as far as the members. All different experiences that are so interesting, but somehow, as a collaboration of people creates a strong community of members with lots of talents. It's really cool.
 
Just a special note...My companion loves to cook! He's made some awesome meals! For the most part, we eat with members, but we have had some days where we have had to eat at home, and he's made some good meals...much better then me at cooking, that's for sure! :)
 
I just want everyone to know, that I love you all! I hope all is well! All is well here, and I'm learning so much everyday! I know that what I am sharing with others, is of an extreme importants and I love having the opportunity to share that! Not many, in their life, will have the opportunity to provide light and truth, full time. I do, and I am so love it! Keep up all the hard work, and I'll make sure to do the same! :)
 
Have a wonderful week!
Elder Tyler Stephen Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment